Six years after the massacre which claimed the lives of seven farmers, justice remains elusive for the martyrs of Hacienda Luisita and their families.
Official Statement of United Luisita Workers’ Union (ULWU) and Katipunan ng mga Sanggunian Mag-aaral sa UP (KASAMA SA UP)
Hacienda Luisita massacre remains an open, festering wound, a bloodstain on the cheery yellow of Aquino’s candidacy. This recent protest action reminds him and the rest of the nation that the issue will not simply go away. As long as he and his family keeps skirting the issue, they should expect more protest action in the coming days to demand for justice and land.
Noynoy should take responsibility and rectify the failure of the Corazon Aquino administration to implement genuine agrarian reform – Satur
Mendiola – Deputy Minority Leader, Bayan Muna Rep. and Senate candidate Satur Ocampo today challenged presidential aspirant Sen. Benigno Aquino III to take responsibility for and rectify the errors of his mother former president Corazon C. Aquino. He was referring in particular to the failed agrarian reform program of the Aquino regime and the January 22, 1987 Mendiola Massacre where 13 farmers were killed and scores wounded.
The Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas Northern Mindanao Region joins today thousands of farm and mill workers in Hacienda Luisita in calling for the scrapping of a management memo that orders them to stop planting in their collective farms until October 30 this year.
The umbrella group Bagong Alyansang Makabayan said that distributing land to the tillers and achieving justice for the victims of extrajudicial killings are the key demands to resolve the long-standing conflict at the Cojuangco-owned Hacienda Luisita.
Page 1 of 2
- GPH undermines basic peace agreements, refuses to respect and comply with JASIG
- Compliance with JASIG and the Oslo Joint Statements is not a precondition but an obligation
- GPH Negotiating Panel Chairperson Padilla gives notice of no formal talks next month
- Closing statement on the GPH-NDFP formal peace talks in Oslo
- Peace panels hold preliminary informal meetings in Hong Kong
- Bayan calls passage of “desap” bill a landmark victory but says assertion of rights remains key
- Fight the Aquino regime’s Cybercrime Law! Defend our rights! Uphold free speech on the internet!
- Down with the Ruling System that Brought About Martial Law!
- Martial Law anniversary: 40 years and still no justice
- Aquino violated every key labor right this year – KMU
- Vested interests taint Aquino’s Candidacy ABSTENTION FROM CARPER VOTE IN ’09 REVEALS REAL AGENDA
- Farmers, youth to Noynoy: Expect more protests for Hacienda Luisita Issue
- Noynoy should take responsibility and rectify the failure of the Corazon Aquino administration to implement genuine agrarian reform – Satur
- NORMIN FARMERS JOINS HACIENDA LUISITA STRUGGLE, URGES NOYNOY TO JUNK MEMO
- Land reform, justice for rights victims key to resolving Luisita conflict